

The subway is the best form of transportation here. It's the fastest and the cheapest! Thats why it is ALWAYS crowded. If you are going to bring a backpack it is best to wear it in front of you so you can always keep an eye on it. It might not be the most fashionable but it is better to not have anything stolen then to look good!

You can also meet a lot of people on the subway. For instance, Nikita and I were talking to these two older ladies and one of them up and gave us her bag of cookies that she was holding. Later we found out that if you compliment someone on something the chinese feel obligated to give it to you, especially if you are a foreigner. Yea that would have been nice to know before but at least we got a free bag of cookies out of it! =)
So this week I just started feeling sick. I have the usual symptoms, a sore throat and a runny nose. In China they have two different kinds of medicine you can take: 1) traditional and 2) not traditional. Right now I am on the traditional meds HA. Traditional is just the all natural way to get better, it's made of plants and stuff like that. (Don't worry I am not taking any drugs that are considered illegal in the US......) My roomate Roy (he is from China) said that the traditional way takes a little longer to work.....so far I am not getting better. Hopefully it starts to kick in next week otherwise it might be time for the not traditional medicine.....?
Lots of lovin, Brooke Perillo
what are these "NON TRADITIONAL" medications?
ReplyDeleteTraditional medicine always takes longer to work if it ever does at all. I'm assuming non-traditional medicine is like Tylenol & stuff like that, right? Hope you get better soon.
ReplyDeleteAwww, Brookie! I hope you feel better soon. Love you.
ReplyDeleteYea Idk wat the not traditional medicine is...... I'm thinkin its the ones with all the chemicals and thats what I need!!
ReplyDelete