Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Differences I have noticed

~It seems like cars can pretty much park wherever they want. They don’t really have parking lots here.
~Restaurants are not what they seem from the outside. For example: A restaurant with really great food can look like a hole in the wall when you are walking by, so you have to check every place out.
~They use the word NIGGA like how we use UMM in a sentence.
~When you shop they stand right next to you like they think you are going to steal something but it is just their culture.


~You have to bring your own TP and squat when you go to the bathroom.
~They frequently hock luggys while walking down the street…..it’s actually kind of gross.


~There IS American food here! (This isn’t a difference but people were wondering about this) I have eaten cereal, spaghetti, pizza, DQ, Mc Donalds and subway!
~Oh yea and everyone is CHINESE!

Lots of lovin, Brooke Perillo

4 comments:

  1. Similar to India. Need your own T.P., toilets in the ground... sometimes but not too often, not at the hotels we stayed at. And americanized restaurants...

    looks like you've eaten at a bunch of places you could have eaten hear... Get out there and eat something from the street venders damnit. Eat something that I have no way getting while I'm here. DAMNIT... eat some scorpions!!!

    ReplyDelete