Thursday, February 5, 2009

Common questions any traveler would have

Here are some questions that have been going through my head before my departure to China:

Will I be eating noodles and rice....... everyday?
Do I have to bring a 5 month supply of Deodorant and stuff like that?
Will I get along with my roomates and will they be cool? 
Will I have to pee in a hole?
Should I dare try the sushi?
Am I going to get diarrhea no matter what precautions I take?
Should I wear a face mask to protect me from the smog?

I will keep you posted if I think of anymore!
Lots of lovin, Brooke Perillo

2 comments:

  1. to answer all of your question...

    yes you will eat noodles and rice, no not every day.

    no you don't have to bring 5 months of deodorant... they do have stores there. but bring a calling card...

    hopefully you won't have a room to yourself, otherwise you won't meet anyone new.

    you will not HAVE to pee in a hole, but you'll probably see those toilets at least somewhere... depending on where you are in the country.

    Yes you should Eat the sushi... just not for ever meal of every day. you could get sick... also keep in mind that sushi was originated in Japan... but if you do come across some, start with something easy. Like california rolls, cucumber rolls, salmon sushi (sake), egg sushi (tomago), shrimp sushi (ebi)... eat the whole piece in one bite, do not take it apart, do not use a fork, use your fingers (preferable) or chopsticks...

    you will not get diarrhea if you are careful and make sure what you eat is cooked properly, and don't eat things that may have been washed in the rivers and stuff... again, depending on where you are.

    I want updates EVERY DAY from you and something new you've learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like you know a lot about Sushi! ha

    ReplyDelete